If you’re considering joining the web-based gambling revolution, you’ll find many benefits to online casinos compared to their land-based counterparts, from higher payout rates and similar levels of bonuses to the ease and thrill of being able to play anytime and anywhere you have a reliable internet connection.
Equally, you’ll have plenty of choice of games to enjoy, and you won’t have to compromise on security. Nor is it any less sociable than playing in a ‘real’ casino – you’ll be with a lively community of fellow players who encourage each other and celebrate one another’s successes.
So it’s no wonder that gaming over the web and by mobile phones is soaring in popularity.
The only remaining question with so many online casinos to choose from is how to go about selecting one.
• Clearly different casinos specialise in different games, so check which ones specialise in those you most want to play.
• Download and running speeds can vary, depending on a number of factors. This can have an effect of the quality of your gaming experience, especially if you have a limited Internet connection, so consider this before you commit.
• Different casinos also offer different kinds of bonuses, from initial sign-up ones to accumulators, VIP or tournament listing bonuses and more. Decide which site offers the incentives that are most likely to be in your interests long-term.
• Language could be a factor, especially if English is not your mother tongue. Coming across a word or phrase that you don’t know won’t enhance your playing, so consider choosing a site which has a reliable translation or is in your own language.
• Read reviews of casinos by those who have tested the various sites and written about them. Although you’ll need to make your own mind up, reviews can give you a very good feel for what to expect from a particular website. Find out as much information as you can online before making your decision.
However you will need to try out the casinos for yourself before deciding and it’s a good idea to start off with a free account, rather than a large deposit, while you see how you get on. Another tip is to contact the customer services team of the casino with a question and assess the quality of the response you receive.